Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary Department of Anthropology and Archaeology has a two-year postdoctoral fellowship position available under the supervisions of Dr. Julio Mercader Florin (firstname.lastname@example.org) from August 15, 2017 to August 14 2019. The salary for this position is $41,000 in the first year and $42,000 the second year. The application deadline is March 31, 2017.
Theme: Petrographic analysis in archaeology: lithics, and soil micromorphology.
Challenges: Issues of provenance, characterization, and taphonomy. Novel applications to residue analysis and use-wear welcome.
- A PhD and expertise in one or more of these areas: 1) Geo-archaeology, 2) Paleosols, 3) Use-wear analysis
- research proposed in the Postdoctoral Fellowship application must be distinct from, or add to the application’s doctoral thesis
- not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position
- not have already received a postdoctoral award from SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR
- be a motivated and organized self-starter, who can work with minimum supervision in a laboratory environment
- be able to supervise and educate less-experienced co-workers and work effectively in a team
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Successful candidates will be subject to standard pre-employment screening including right-to-work, proof of identity and references
- The University of Calgary as well as SSHRC are equal opportunity employers, therefore candidates will be chosen through open competition regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation
- Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter, and contact information for three referees. Short-listed applicants will be required to provide two letters of recommendation. Please submit application packages to Sara Hormozinejad (email@example.com).
March 31, 2017